On 26th February, the Union Ministry of Tradition started with year-long celebrations to commemorate the 284th start anniversary of the non secular banjara chief, Sant Sevalal Maharaj.
That is being organized by the Ministry of Tradition below the aegis of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav at Dr B.R. Ambedkar Worldwide Middle in New Delhi, the place for 2 days cultural and dance applications might be carried out accompanied by an exhibition of Banjara Artwork.
The banjara group is part of the Scheduled Tribes record in 5 states- Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Bihar. Odisha, Jharkhand and is a Scheduled Case in Himachal Pradesh and Karnataka. In Chhattisgarh, Daman and Diu, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, and Uttarakhand it is part of the Different Backward Class record.
The federal government can be going to begin a particular prepare that may run from Karnataka to New Delhi, to carry Banjara group members to Delhi for the celebrations. This prepare would accommodate greater than 2500 individuals of the Banjara Nation from states reminiscent of Karnataka, Telangana and Madhya Pradesh.
WHO WAS SANT SEVALAL MAHARAJ?
Sant Sevalal Maharaj was an 18th-century social reformer and a non secular trainer of the Banjara group. He was born on 15th February 19739 at Surgondankoppa in Shivamogga district of Karnataka.
Sant Sevalal Maharaj traveled throughout the nation together with his troop to serve the forest dwellers and nomadic tribes. He used in depth information, extravagant expertise and non secular background in Ayurveda and Naturopathy to eradicate myths and superstitions prevalent amongst the tribal communities and helped them undertake a greater lifestyle.
He’s now worshiped by the Kshatriya group of Gor Banjara as a non secular guru. Gor Banjara is a forest-dwelling and warrior group. The individuals of this group share a symbiotic relationship with forest and wildlife whereas having its personal tradition and language.
The Samadhi Sthal of Saint Sevalal is located in Manora Taluka of the Washim district of Maharashtra which is often known as Banjara Kashi.
HIS CONTRIBUTION TO THE REFORM MOVEMENT
Sant Sevalal Maharaj gave 22 main ideas for Banjara Life referred to as the Seva Bollies:
1. Shield the forest and the setting
2. Dwell the pure life and keep related to nature
3. Don’t discriminate anyone on any bsis
4. Dwell a life with the dignity
5. Be trustworthy (sat Boli), and don’t steal
6. Don’t discuss ailing of others and don’t hurt others
7. Respect girls, and women reside goddesses
8. Don’t worry and stay fearless, be brave and assured in life
9. Shade the greediness and materials in addition to sensual comforts
10. Shield the water, present water to the thirsty and likewise by no means contain in promoting water, which is the most important crime/sin
11. Present meals to the hungry and assist the needy individuals
12. Respect elders and love youthful, and likewise respect animals
13. Protect forests and lead a easy life in forests
14. Don’t eat poisonous substances and utterly keep away from consuming alcohol or any intoxication
15. Don’t contain in a bootleg relationship
16. Meditate to have internal peace, and examine, search information and acquire the Information
17. Don’t be lured by trendy life-style and luxury, and should interact in bodily exercise
18. Have a love for humanity and don’t simply search cash, have companionship to your fellow group individuals.
19. Have a reasoned life and keep away from all superstitious beliefs
20. Respect your mother and father, maintain your loved ones and the group, and by no means break the brotherhood locally
21. Shield the tradition and language of the group, communicate Gor Bhasa/Gorboli and likewise rejoice all of the group’s festivals, that are related with nature, and keep away from these festivals which trigger hurt to nature
22. Ought to observe the group norms and keep the id of the Gor/Banjara, be related with nature and don’t exploit it