This 12 months’s sixty fifth annual Grammy Awards gala kicked off in Los Angeles on Sunday, with reggaeton artist Unhealthy Bunny placing on a power-packed efficiency, as prime nominee Beyonce broke a file by scooping 4 awards on the occasion, making her the primary lady to win 5 Grammys in historical past.
As a part of the sixty fifth annual Grammy Awards on CBS, Beyoncé has formally topped the queen of the Grammys – a title she holds with probably the most wins of all time – and Kim Petras turned the primary transgender lady in historical past to win a Grammy.
In a ceremony that noticed a number of artists share awards throughout a number of classes, Harry Types took house trophies for Album of the Yr and finest pop vocal efficiency for his tune “Harry’s Home” throughout a ceremony through which no artist was in a position to sweep the awards. With Trevor Noah because the host, the occasion was not solely a celebration of the previous 12 months in music but in addition a celebration of fifty years of hip-hop music.
At the 2023 Grammy Awards, Harry Types ‘Harry’s Home’ tied for Album of the Yr and Finest Pop Vocal Album, whereas Lizzo’s ‘About That Time’ gained File of the Yr.
Taylor Swift’s ‘All Too Effectively: The Quick Movie’ gained Finest Music Video this 12 months, whereas Kendrick Lamar’s ‘Mr. Morale & the Large Steppers’ gained Finest Rap Album.
Beyoncé acquired 4 honors.
With 9 nominations, her love letter to dance music, ‘Renaissance,’ drove her to the head of the Grammy pack, the place she gained two prizes in the pre-show and three throughout the awards ceremony.
Harry Types gained the Grammy for Album of the Yr, defeating large favorites corresponding to Beyonce and Adele. “This doesn’t occur often to of us like me, and it’s actually nice,” he acknowledged onstage.
The publication of the file signified a transition for the previous boy band idol to the younger lots, who’ve progressively matured right into a heartthrob for everybody.
Unhealthy Bunny kicked off the musical night time with a full of life, high-energy efficiency that drew lots of the viewers members to their ft, together with Taylor Swift, who acquired to her ft and danced close to her desk.
Lizzo earned the very best honor of the night time for her tune ‘About Rattling Time,’ which was named File of the Yr. The accolade is one thing of a return for the 34-year-old, who was extensively anticipated to be the massive winner in 2020 however misplaced all of her possibilities to pop sensation Billie Eilish.
In the meantime, the American blues, people, and nation singer Bonnie Raitt acquired a shock Grammy on Sunday for Track of the Yr, an accolade for her tune ‘Simply Like That’.
Music composer Ricky Kej, figuring out of Bengaluru, acquired his third Grammy for the album ‘Divine Tides’. The prize was shared by Kej and Stewart Copeland, drummer for The Police, who labored with Kej on the file.
Listed below are the winners within the prime classes on the Grammys:
- File of the 12 months: Lizzo – ‘About Rattling Time
- Track of the 12 months (songwriter’s award): Bonnie Raitt – ‘Simply Like That’
- Finest pop solo efficiency: Adele – ‘Straightforward On Me
- Finest dance/digital album: Beyonce – ‘Renaissance
- Finest rap album: Kendrick Lamar – ‘Mr. Morale & the Large Steppers’
- Finest musica urbana album: Unhealthy Bunny – ‘Un Verano Sin Ti’
- Finest pop duo/group efficiency: Sam Smith and Kim Petras – ‘Unholy’
- Finest R&B tune: Beyonce – ‘Cuff It’
- Finest pop vocal album: Harry Types – ‘Harry’s Home
- Finest dance/digital recording: Beyonce – ‘Break My Soul’
- Finest rap efficiency: Kendrick Lamar – The Coronary heart Half 5
- Finest steel efficiency: Ozzy Osbourne that includes Tony Iommi – ‘Degradation Guidelines’
- Finest rock album: Ozzy Osbourne – ‘Affected person Quantity 9’
- Finest conventional R&B efficiency: Beyonce – ‘Plastic Off the Couch’
- Finest rap tune: Kendrick Lamar – ‘The Coronary heart Half 5’